Danios' With Crooked Spines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nessie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I , have a community tank, perimeters are great. I do regular water changes and good maintenance. I have several danios with one that appears to have a broken or crooked spine. What is wrong with him? Is there anything I can do for him?? Thankyou.

Not sure. I had a platy with the same problem. crooked spine and it kept staying on the bottom. It would eat and stayed up top as long as there was food floating on the surface. Once it was done eating, it would crash back on the bottom. It lasted for a long time and finally died about a week ago.

Might be fish Tuberculosis.

I've got about 5 Guppies like that, they're growing well though and swim about like nothing's wrong. I've got another fish though but don't know what it is, it's either a Swordtail or a Guppy but it doesn't grow, been here for about 3 or 4 months, just doesn't grow, no colour, kind of a goldy colour, just a fish colour lol, it swims funny but seems ok to me lol.

I have 6 giant danios and one has always had a crooked back. It was bad when he was smaller and I thought it would end him but he is healthy as can be over a year later. He swims a bit funny to compansate for his problems however. He is kind of the ugly step sister, but still is healthy. I think that giants have a problem with growing too fast when they are young that leads to problems such as this. Never heard of it causing too many other problems with the exception of looking different.

My danios do not look anything like the deficiancy problem photos, and very little to the TB photos. I think it is a type of species specific problem IMO

Back
Top Bottom