Dead Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Denton1000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just lost my older, rescue Betta named Wes and as sad as it was, I knew it would happen soon. Wes had issues from the day I got him and I tried to make the rest of his life as long as happy as possible and I hope I did. When I get Wes his abuser had 3 fish she was selling, Wes, Chester (a friend has him now) and a female who she dropped down the rain. The woman didn’t know how old any of the fish were and clearly didn’t know how to properly care for them. Wes had severe fun rot that no amount of water changes or medics could fix, he was extremely lethargic and I believe he had trouble seeing. A few days ago I noticed him laying in his favorite plant face down and not moving at all which was extremely odd for him. That night I put him in a small hospital tank and used general cure to hopefully rid him of whatever his problem was. I changed the water daily and also redosed it with medics each time. He seemed to be stable, not better but not getting worse. This morning I checked in him, changed his water and fed him extremely lightly for the first time since being moved to the hospital. When I just got home I checked on his and he’s passed. My question is, what do you guys think happened. I originally figured it was old age but I started looking at him and his eyes almost look this they’re missing, replaced by a moldy looking substance which is also coming from his mouth and there is a cloudy of haze around him. His water is also extremely brown all of a sudden and smells worse than anything I’ve smelled, it’s not fishy or moldy, it smells like sewage despite that fact that the water came from a pristine tank with perfect perimeters. I don’t understand what happened and would like some thoughts on what could have went wrong in such a short period of time. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom