dead snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will my goldfish eat my dead mystery snail? The black moor seems to nip at it. Is it ok to leave in there? I want the shell, will he come out easily? And will the other snails eat him?

kish said:
Will my goldfish eat my dead mystery snail? The black moor seems to nip at it. Is it ok to leave in there? I want the shell, will he come out easily? And will the other snails eat him?

I would remove it if it was me, dead snail can cause ammonia in the tank. I,ve never tried to take my dead snails out their shells but some people do by putting the snail in hot water till it comes away :)

My family eats Periwinkles, basically a type of snail that's common here off the coast of eastern Canada. They boil them, which kill them much like Lobsters and use a sewing needle to pick them out. Just poke it in and pull.

Gives me the willies thinking about eating one but to each there own I suppose.

Lol yeah I won't be eatin it. I think the shell would be a nice ornament in the tank. Its giving me the willies thinking bout poking and pull it out. =-( Maybe I'll just toss it idk.

Well I did like u said tamtam. Man that snail smelled so bad!!! It was still hard to pull it out tho some was still stuck in there. Oooowee it was so gross! I'm hoping it will dry up and flake off so I can put it back in there. I don't know how ppl eat that but yeah to each his own! Many Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom