Debauwi Cats doing the "shimmy"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CiRXSi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got 2 African Glass Cats that like to do the shimmy together. I've read that this act (looks like swimming really fast, but not going anywhere) can be a sign of stress. That was specifically about guppies though. They were doing this at the lfs but I've noticed that times that I don't have the light on, they are swimming about the tank individually. But within a half hour of turning on the light, they get right next to each other and shimmy. I thought about the light being to bright, but they'll still do it when they are in the shadows underneath the "bridge" of my rock formation. Is this common for this breed, or are they stressed from the light? I'll check the wattage of my light when I get home and let you guys know, but it's a stock bulb for a 10 gal (floures) on a 15 gal high. TIA

Stress because they need more cats around?

Or maybe it is a their version of a dispute? Just kinda chase/school around the tank?

My lfs glass cats shoal around liesurely, but there are like 30 of them. And one betta.

Eutropiella debauwi will typically swim 'in place'. Unless they're exhibiting other symptoms of stress or illness then I'd just observe them for a while.

Back
Top Bottom