Dechlorinator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ickletas

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was at my lfs today and was talking dechlorinators and he showed me the Aqua Evolution decchlorinator canister thingy. It cost £70 which I thought was pretty inexpensive as I spend about £10 a month on the stuff as it is. Has anyone ever used one and if so what is the verdict?

Never heard of it myself, although as you know I'm still not very experienced. :D I looked it up and it seems like it's just carbon. Not sure if it would remove everything in tap water...maybe. But I'm sure the carbon would need to be replaced fairly often anyway, so don't know the cost savings long-term. Which dechlorinator are you using? Prime is pretty concentrated and it only takes a couple of drops per gallon to dechlorinate; a large bottle should last a while.

From what I have read it is a type of activated carbon and removes chlorine
chloramine, bromine, malachite green,colour e.g. humic acids, organics e.g. proteins,antibiotics,hormones and ozone. Each cartridge will treat 150,000 litres/33,000 UK gallons/39,600 US gallons and costs £70. Prime is like rocking horse poo over here, the closest for drops per litre (that is readily available) is Tapsafe and I pay around £12 for 500mls that treats about 4500l and this system treats 33x that for £70, the equivalent price for Tapsafe is £396 which is why I am so interested in it :D

Back
Top Bottom