Dechlorinator raising PH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NativeTank7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have the brand "wardley chlor out" water conditioner. I checked my ph readings to see what they were and they were at an 8.8 after I put the water conditioner in. I checked it straight from the tap and the ph is 7.8. A 1.0 leap. Is this normal for other people or just the product? It was given to me so not sure too much about the product

I don't use that brand of dechlorinator, but a quick google search doesn't reveal anything that says that it raises pH.
What other things do you have in your tank? Rocks, coral, certain structures can raise the pH.
I use and highly recommend Seachem brand Prime dechlorinator. Not only does it dechlorinate, it also binds ammonia and nitrite if present. I used it all through my fish in cycle without losing a single fish.

I don't use that brand of dechlorinator, but a quick google search doesn't reveal anything that says that it raises pH.
What other things do you have in your tank? Rocks, coral, certain structures can raise the pH.
I use and highly recommend Seachem brand Prime dechlorinator. Not only does it dechlorinate, it also binds ammonia and nitrite if present. I used it all through my fish in cycle without losing a single fish.

I have driftwood and a few plants. I will be picking prime up next time I'm at the pet shop. Does prime affect ph or no?

Prime does not affect Ph and no declor should. I've never used the brand in question.

Prime does not affect Ph and no declor should. I've never used the brand in question.

Yea it was given to me from an old shop that was closing down and tested it on some buckets of water and let's just say it didn't pass inspection lol I will definitely be getting some prime. Thanks for the responses :)

Back
Top Bottom