Decided on what to get. I need your input!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WizardHowl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,
so basically after spending weeks of reading I have finalzed what I will be getting.

55 gal AGA
Stand
Glass top with
48" Coralife 260 watt PC light w/ moonlights
Hagen Fluval 305 canister filter (is this enough filter? is there such thing as too much filtration because I have a HOB filter that fits a 55 gal tank that I might add as well).
Python, test kits

The tank I will be getting used to be a salt water tank. Will this cause problems if I use it for freshwater? Should I clean it out nice before I set it up (just water and vinegar?)

I want to do some plants (but not be hardcore), what would a good bed be for the bottom.

Is there anything else you guys can think of that I will need?

With the lights that you are having you will need CO2 or you will have major algae issues.

You can never overfilter. BUT, something to keep in mins is the current. If there is too much current it can cause problems for most fish.

The salterwater convert will not cause any problems. Just clean it very well before setting it up. Also, you can use bleach just as long as you make sure that you rinse it like crazy afterwards.

In regards to the plants, post in the Planted Forum. You'll receive tons of options.

Don't forget to get a liquid reagent test kit. It is VERY important during the cycling phase. Also pick up a heater.

thanks!

I found the light has these specifications:
Two 65 watt 10,000K and two 65 watt True Actinic 03 Blue straight pin base compact fluorescent lamps

So witha total of 130 watts, that's just over 2wpg, isn't that safe to have without CO2? wWhat kind of CO2 should I get, will this be a pain to monitor? I wouldn't mind a once a week thing, but everyday would get a little annoying.

Back
Top Bottom