decoration amazements (formally decoration wonders)improved!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid555

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am pretty sure that most aquarist that viewed decoration wonders were not very impressed so i created this improvement i hope you enjoy!!!!

people love the decor and wonderful presentation that a good aquarium gives out!! things like light and clearity are very important but most of the decorations that really bring out a great aquarium!!!!!

some tips are; use things that other people havent thought of like large rocks large objects like decorated things you would find at normal stores like kmart and walmart!!!!! Try tipping over a rose vase for a fishes concealment of couse it has to be big enough to fit a good sized fish!!!!

other things like floating objects things that dont sink pull flowers off fake plants your parents just have laying around!!!! The main idea is to do a little thinking!!! Like i said find things at normal stores but use safe things of course!!!!! Do this and you just might even set a trend of your own!!!!!!!

ha!!! its just an earlier post i made that had a lot of views but the replys stated that they thought different !!! so i figured i would make another!!!!

You can get a lot of cool rocks and stuff like that dirt cheap at home depot.

broken flower pots look good too. Just be careful with the painted ones. We broke a small flower pot and put a plant growing through it. It looks awesome. You just have to make sure that you don't have sharp edges.

Glass glory:

I have put a piece of inclined glass over 2 rocks. I run an airpump that blows bubbles under the glass that travel under the glass before going to surface. Nice!

Crazy straws for plants to grow around. Plastic canvas covered with aquarium silicone and rocks that can be shaped into any configuration you want. Craft lace jungle for fry and bottom fish to hide in. PVC pipe glued in different configuration for ghost shrimp, loaches and other fish to hide and play in. Plastic beads for the fish to play with and hide from you. Plastic beads tied on fishing line for curtains or tank seperators that some fish will push through but others won't.

Will add more if I think of anything

Two panes of glass that have beads or rocks between them. Kind of like sagar's idea but will divert the air and let it takes odd paths to the surface. A stand pipe for an undergravel filter filled with beads or rocks for the same effect, beads would float around inside and always be changing positions.

Back
Top Bottom