Deep Blue Bettastik Heater 7.5 watt- anyone have one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyway I ordered one off Amazon. It's made in the USA. I'll post what I think of it when it arrives. There was not much info on it via Amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It doesn't seem like the greatest buy since there are almost as many 1-star ratings as 5-star. At least for me I like to find stuff that has at least 3 times the amount of 5-star ratings than 1-star; granted, I didn't read through the ratings so it may just be people that are complaining for no legitimate reason.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I take all one star and five star with a grain of salt. If it's no good I'm only out less than $10.

Arrived today from Amazon. The Amazon listing said made in USA but when I got the box open and looked at the package it's made in China. I try to buy American. It's in the tank now and I will plug it in shortly. It's not adjustable so I will be watching the temp closely.

Stupid heater has super short cord. Can't use it until I get an extension cord. Ugh!

I'm using this heater in my aquafarm tank. I'll update how I like it. Just found an extension cord and plugged it in.

Be careful, I bought some of these for shiggles used and they are horrible. They have no thermostat so just keep heating the water. I am using one on a 3g tank thats cycling and it kicked the temperature up to 90 which will change based on room temperature.

I use a tetra static 50w for a 5.5, water stays at 76, world great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I don't like the non-adjustability of them. I only need to heat the water about 5 to 7 degrees and I don't want to get $40 cobalts for 3g or less. I'll look into the Tetras

Deep Blue makes really nice aquariums but all their other stuff is not made really well.

It's heated the 3 gal to about 80 degrees which is fine for a betta but what if I put it in a smaller tank? Could have been disaster.

Back
Top Bottom