Denison Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone know the growth rate on these? I was at the pet store buying roaches yesterday and noticed these were their "Fish of the month" and on sale for $6.99 so I bought all six. Pretty happy as I love these fish but could never justify spending the $15.99/each for a shoal of them. Currently they're all about 1.5-2" long. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425573411.610577.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I bought some about 10 months ago about the same size. And now they are all about 3 to 4 inches long. So id say pretty fast growth rate! They are beautiful fish. My favorite fish!!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I bought some about 10 months ago about the same size. And now they are all about 3 to 4 inches long. So id say pretty fast growth rate! They are beautiful fish. My favorite fish!!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good good good. Yeah, they are gorgeous fish, definitely one of my favorites. They were really skittish yesterday when I was acclimating them but as of today they're pretty bold and exploring around everywhere.

As they age and get comfortable in the tank their colors really shine too.
I have had 2 for about 3-4 months that are roughly 3" and 4" now.
Such beautiful fish and peaceful as well. You'll love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yup pretty fast. I have 8 now and the two smallest are just about as big as my original 6 in just over a month!! Give them lots of room to dart around and feed regularly and they'll be fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah they have a good bit of room and though it's hard for anything to compete against my rainbows with eating, all six of the barbs kind of swim in circles beneath the rainbows catching anything that makes it through the little frenzy.

I've been a little nervous about my bichir coming up and eating one of them but so far she hasn't even looked that direction. I keep her well fed and haven't had any incidents with her but it'll be nice when they're grown up a little more and I don't have to immediately track them down and count them when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom