Denison barbs and lobsters and eels.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do denison barbs and freshwater lobsters get along? They have lobsters in multiple colors and was curious if they make good tank mates. Same question with regards to eels.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lobsters are very.... Opportunistic. Those pinchers can do some damage if given the chance.

Caleb

Well we kept a lobster in my mother's tank that has mostly angels and they got along well. Denison Barbs are supposed to be mid v level swimmers

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It can work, but lobsters tend to make fish disappear at night. I wouldn't try it. Denison barbs are an endangered species, so if you do get them, make sure they're tank bred and not wild caught.

Mot eels will get huge and share the bottom with a cray. I wouldn't risk it. Plus, crays can escape the tank to their liking and won't hesitate to go on a rampage, uprooting everything that they can or want. IMO they do best in a species only tank, as all fish venture to the bottom at some point and can become food for the cray.

I wouldn't keep crays with fish either myself.
Possibly CPO but no other type.
The denisons are being breed by Asian fish farms in mass I believe for a couple years now.
This was agreed on by a couple others upon the advent of PetSmart putting them on sale for $5.99-$7.99!!!
On that and IMO 75g is a minimum for denisons and 5 is a minimum for stocking..

The 60g is atleast 4'?

I wouldn't keep crays with fish either myself.
Possibly CPO but no other type.
The denisons are being breed by Asian fish farms in mass I believe for a couple years now.
This was agreed on by a couple others upon the advent of PetSmart putting them on sale for $5.99-$7.99!!!
On that and IMO 75g is a minimum for denisons and 5 is a minimum for stocking..

The 60g is atleast 4'?

True, but a lot of places still sell them wildcaught. It's good to put the information out there.

I believe the standard 60 gallon is 4' but cubes exist as well?

Back
Top Bottom