Des's 60 Gallon Aquarium of Awesomeness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always used a pillowcase. Fill the pillow case with sand, put in a hose, and rubber band or zip tie the end of the pillow case around the hose. Always worked well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Finally I have the tank where I want it. Had to get help from friends to move a massive tv that was sucking up too much space and I kept bumping into the corner of the tank while entering the room. Tank is filled, sand is clean, and everything is a gogo.

I LOVE MY LIGHTING!!! There is a thunderstorm button! I added a video too!

Okay updated photos and I started the fishless cycle today! Bought some plants but I will add them in a few days as I just added the ammonia and bacteria.

My dad got this in the Bahamas a few weeks ago :3

My dad picked this up in Hawaii like 20+ years ago and my grandma had it the whole time.

This rock is from a local river.

This is the whole tank. I am considering adding a row of Amazon Swords to line the back of the tank when I can afford/want to, but I like how simple it looks. Thoughts?

Finished cycling! Got my first guys: 3 dension barbs.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1470101760900.jpg
    1470101760900.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 1470101772000.jpg
    1470101772000.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 116
Great fish, expensive as in Australia, I paid $49 each for mine when they were only about 4 cm, I've seen them around the same size for $100

I got mine for like 14.99 each. The same store is having their anniversary and a sale for buy one get one half off. Buying the other five guys I want during the sale

Got the rest of my school of denison barbs! Picked up the last 5 today!

Attachments

• 1470537063628.jpg
    1470537063628.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 1470537073862.jpg
    1470537073862.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 84
Yeah I love them. They move around so much it's great. I have always kept slower moving fish so this is really cool.

I added a pump to improve my water movement and they really enjoy swimming into the flow.

I.... must.... have....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here u go, I just swung past the lfs where I got my Denison barbs from and for only the 2nd time since I've been keeping fish, they had some, maybe 2cm, were just starting to colour up, I asked how much..... He said $39 per fish but if I wanted to buy multiple he would do me a deal, I hesitantly ask about the deal, he offered me $2 off per fish if I bought 6, so instead of $234 he generously offered $222..... I pretty much gave him the bird and walked out

Careful with the seashells, had more than one fish get stuck and injured or died in one of these. It now it just decoration on the shelf.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah the denison barbs are on the endangered species list that's why they are expensive like the zebra pleco, only difference is the zebra pleco has bee reproduced in captivity where the denison barbs haven't.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom