Diamond tetras or neon dwarf rainbows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meese-a-mew

Aquarium Advice Freak
Which one for my 25 gallon?

Also thinking of a Furcata Rainbow. Anyone know much about them?

Fish are:
Bolivian ram
Sailfin leopard pleco

I have a bolivian ram and a leopard sail fin pleco.

Also thinking about a Furcata rainbow.

I have a bolivian ram and a leopard sail fin pleco. Also thinking about a Furcata rainbow.

I've never had diamond tetras or furcatas but always wanted both!!! I would go with a small school of both!! Maybe 5 of each but check it on aqadvisor.com; I love this website!! It's pretty reliable on letting you know how your stocking levels are!

I love Diamond tetra's and have 15 in my 220g right now but they get pretty good sized. Personally I'd go with the Furcata Rainbows or Threadfin Rainbowfish then a small school of some type tetra or rasbora and all levels of your tank will be active. You are going to move that pleco out down the road? Its bio-load is quite heavy even when young and small.

I love Diamond tetra's and have 15 in my 220g right now but they get pretty good sized. Personally I'd go with the Furcata Rainbows or Threadfin Rainbowfish then a small school of some type tetra or rasbora and all levels of your tank will be active. You are going to move that pleco out down the road? Its bio-load is quite heavy even when young and small.

Yes, I am giving him back to the store around January probably.

I agree with Rivercats here that either rainbow would be a fun match for your tank. I wouldn't personally say that either option is wrong in this case though. Diamond tetras, furcata rainbows, and threadfins are all gorgeous. I think the colors of the rainbows match the Bolivian ram a little bit better though.

Back
Top Bottom