Diary of a 29g riverbed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benandjon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all

Thought it might be fun to start a diary of my 29g riverbed tank. Over the last month there have been some casualties to the tank (mystery disease which took the lives of about 10 fish) but at the moment the ecosystem seems to have stabled so here seems as good a point to start as any!!

Species list:

- 4x neon tetra
- 1x Serpae tetra
- 1x X-Ray tetra
- 1x Kuhli Loach
- 1x Dwarf Loach
- 1x Norman's Lampeye Killifish
- 1x Black neon tetra
- 1x White Cloud Mountain Minnow
- 1x Male GBR
- 2x Ottocinclus
- 6x Red Cherry Shrimp
- 1x Male Endler

The more knowledgable of you will notice that most of these are schooling fish. After what I like to refer to as 'the incident' many of the schools were wiped out leaving but a few behind, so this will also document the return to normality!

Attachments

• image-3630090775.jpg
    image-3630090775.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 146
Nice tank I like the driftwood.

This is off topic but I was wondering if you gbr ever picks on your cherry shrimp.

calfishguy said:
Nice tank I like the driftwood.

This is off topic but I was wondering if you gbr ever picks on your cherry shrimp.

Not that I've noticed, he seems very laid back with everyone! :)

Coursair said:
The tank looks nice, but I can't tell from the pic, is your substrate rather shallow for live plants ??
Are they live ?

Glad your survivor fish are stabilized.

Hmmmm. It might be a bot shallow yes, but the plants haven't had any problems in the months that they've been in there :)

Back
Top Bottom