Diary of a teardown...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to see that, Brian, as I'm sure TG would. I have been involved in a number of these discussions, and am surprised at the resistance to logic that seems to prevail. It would be a worthwhile disscussion. I feel like a maverick when I mention large water changes are preferable to small, in almost every case. Best of the season to you, and all.

BillD said:
I feel like a maverick when I mention large water changes are preferable to small, in almost every case.

You and me both! Large water changes are a constant in all of my tanks, and sometimes I am questioned about it, or it is suggested that large water changes are dangerous, and that's why I sometimes consider myself an "outlaw renegade" fishkeeper, lol, though it seems perfectly sensible to me.

To just provide an update and sortof close out this thread, almost the entire substrate is covered in glosso and all of the plants are literally going nuts with the increased CO2 and the addition of a little more iron to my regimen. There is not a hint of BBA anywhere in this tank. I am also adding a double dose of Excel to the tank weekly.

My plans have changed and I am not going away after Christmas like I thought, so I won't get the test of leaving the tank for a week unattended, but I am sure the opportunity will arise.

Here's a few shots of how it has progressed, notably so in just a week since the last shot (yes, yes, I will prune the H. poylysperma today).
normal_55gal%20Dec24%20glosso.jpg

normal_55gal%20Dec24.jpg

normal_55gal%20Dec24right.jpg

Back
Top Bottom