Diary of the 10G GBR/Bolivian Grow-Out Tank w/pics 7/22/06..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maxwell1295 said:
Wow! Great to hear they're still doing well. You know we're all experiencing this through your eyes... :)

Well, not only that, but there's a couple others that are experiencing it first hand themselves. It's pretty awsome to be able to share my experiences with others to make it more successful when they do it for the first time. :)

Well guys and gals, I've got some more pics for you, as well as a couple misc. pics from my other 10G tank. Here they are....

10g103.jpg

10g104.jpg

10g105.jpg

10g106.jpg

10g107.jpg

10g108.jpg

10g109.jpg

10g110.jpg

10g111.jpg

10g112.jpg

10g113.jpg

10g114.jpg

10g115.jpg

10g116.jpg

10g117.jpg

10g118.jpg

10g119.jpg

10g120.jpg

Actually, it's pretty easy with my camera, lol.

In about 1-2 weeks, I'll finally get to move them to their ultimate destinations, lol. And it looks like I may just have a female GBR in the mix, one is beginning to have a pink belly. What I might do is place one of the males from the 75G as well as that female in my 10G planted tank once I get the rest of the plants for it. That way they are not brother and sister. It will be a home of their own. Then I'm looking at moving one of the pairs in my 75G to one of the breeder tanks, and maybe even another pair to the other breeder tank, and a final pair to the 2nd planted tank once I clean it up and place the new filter, CO2 setup, etc, in the tank. Everything seems to be progressing perfectly.

Edit:
I went to Lowes today and got some paint for the 10G tanks. I sprayed 3 of them but couldn't do the 4th due to the babies in the tank and the HOB filter. Once I move the fish and remove the HOB, then I'll paint the 4th. For the planted tanks, I got a paint that supposed to look like black hammered metal, but this doesn't look as nice as the other textured paints I got. On the inside of the glass, it just looks like a Satin Black. But the outside is hammered. Ah well....

As for the breeder tanks, I got the color Espresso. Looks nice, kind of a dark brown. It's going to look great on the breeder tanks. Will get pics when everything is dry and set back in place.

Those babies look great LWB. I'm def. now motivated to set up a 10 for the next time my rams lay eggs. I'm so excited. Great job!!

Wow that is crazy, looks awesome.

I shall call them mini-GBR!

anywho, what are the plans for these guys? making a Ram's species tank or something of that nature?

They will probably end up in my 75G Planted tank. Gonna give them another week, and then will see if they will be big enough. I'm also going to have 2 10G tanks set up with a pair of GBR's in each. Hopefully I will be able to get more, lol. Also thinking of getting either 2 more 10G tanks or 2 20G Long tanks. If I use my tanks for what I'm wanting, then I'm still shy 1 tank as a QT tank. So if I got 2 more tanks, then one can be planted, and the other a QT.

My 75G does resemble the native waters of the GBR's, lol. Have you seen pics of my 75G in my 75G thread? You have to check it out if you haven't.

Yea, it looks great. I'm a particular fan of the roseline sharks (once I get my big tank setup they are gonna be high on the list of additions).

and holy crap are you gonna have a lot of GBR's/Bolivian's if you get that going, lol.

Well, I'm now ending this thread. My babies finally graduated to their new home, the 29G. They are being harrassed by the serpae's, but not too bad. The blue flames aren't bad either. As for acclimating, I hope they make it. They are kind of sitting at the bottom in the L. repens, as well as the glob of Wisteria, lol. A couple are starting to venture out some to check out the surroundings, but it's like the tetras have staked their territory, lol. Will see how the interaction continues. Again, this is the end of this thread. Hope all who goes through this thread enjoys it. Can't wait for the next go-around, will document the next one as well. (y)

Not that I wanted the last word (thread will be locked after this post). Just wanted to say this thread has served to illustrate a successful method of breeding two of sweetest Ram species in aquaria.

Nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom