Did I get a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

custman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I went out with the intention of upgrading my 29 gal. I wanted from 55-90 gal with wood stand and canopy. Trips made to 3 lfs received mixed results with 55 gal at about 3-400 and 90 gallon for 600-700 with just wood base and canopy.

Called a number my friend gave me...90 gallon all-glass, all-glass top, 2 door oak base and canopy for $360.

I want to use a compact florescent light strip, so I now need advice on what to get that wont be over $175 shipped or tax included?

thanks...oh by the way it will be freshwater planted like the 29.

Sounds like a good really deal to me. If you want PC'S You could go with a custom sea life britelite hood.It has 2 65 watt daylight bulbs.I have them for $149.99 If you use your AA.com membership 6% discount coupon it would cost 140.99 and about $15.00 to ship. The online coupon code is aquariumadvice. You can E-mail me or PM me if you have any questions this weekend.

Here is link to the lites on my website

http://captivereefs.com/captivereefs/detailcat.asp?CatID=ltpc&SubCatID=lt-cslbrt#

or, you can surf your options and find better deals than that.

Yes there are other options just mentioning one of them! You could always look for used to.

one more question...I have a Fluval 303 and a Magnum 350 Pro my nice wife bought me, will that be enough filtration for a 90 gallon and should I use the bio wheel with plants?

for a freshwater tank a bio wheel is definately nice. I don;t know that many people who are fond of fluvals... this while I was searching for a canister filter to buy for my 45G tall tank. Magnums I've heard pretty good reviews about, but you shoudl have some HOB filter to keep the water flowing on through, incresed the irritation of the surface of the water.. which I hear is good. Also what fish will there be in it?

Back
Top Bottom