different corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 3 albino, 3 peppered, 3 green, and 2 sterbaii. They all play with each other and are pretty active

Awesome little fish to watch. I think its neat to see a group of different looking ones swimming about.

While cory's prefer being in shoals of their own species they will in fact shoal with other cory species if necessary. The advantages of having all one kind of cory's is that it's cool to see a group of the same type shoaling together and interacting along with the fact of there is a chance of them spawning. When you do a weekly 50% WC add replacement water that is 2 or 3 degrees cooler than the tank water. This simulates rainfall and often times causes cory's to spawn within 24 hours. My Aspidoras, which are in the cory family, spawn regularly in my 55g. Many people on the forum have cory's spawn and usually get some live fry.

I have 5 peppered and 3 panda in one tank and they all get along great, and don't stop breeding ! And I've 2 albino 1 peppered and 1 bronze in another tank (this is my orphanage tank) then I've 8 x 4week old and 14 x 1 week old peppered in another :) and more eggs this morning !!

It doesn't matter if there are different types of cory's in a tank, it won't stop breeding, but some cory species are more open to cross breeding which IMO isn't desired.

It doesn't matter if there are different types of cory's in a tank, it won't stop breeding, but some cory species are more open to cross breeding which IMO isn't desired.

My peppered only breed with other peppered ..none of the others have bred yet..

If cross breeding happens it's usually between cory species that are similar in body shape, markings, and such. Your albino and emeralds can breed as they are the same species. They are brochis splendens which isn't a true cory but in the same family the same as aspidoras.

If cross breeding happens it's usually between cory species that are similar in body shape, markings, and such. Your albino and emeralds can breed as they are the same species. They are brochis splendens which isn't a true cory but in the same family the same as aspidoras.

Thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom