Digital Cameras are cheap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saberry

Aquarium Advice Freak
Christmas time is coming and so are the sales. Prices on quality digital cameras have been steadily dropping as picture quality has increased.

I mention this because there are far too few people here with pictures in their galleries.

It is so frustrating to read a post from one of the many well informed and experienced fish keepers here and to click on their "gallery" only to find that they have no pictures.

I myself only have just a 55 gal at present (with more planned :) )so when I read that someone has 8 or 9 tanks with various specie tanks and sizes ranging from very large down to 10 gal, I want to SEE what these great set-ups look like.

So, if you have been thinking about getting a digital camera, here's your chance to get one and share your experience with pictures as well as words!

I'm also frustrated when I can't see pics and I badly want a digicam. I think I'll see how much money I can scrape together after Christmas :]

And Ferret, two words for you:
Crop
Resize

:p

I'm getting a digi for Christmas! Then, I have a feeling that people will be begging me to stop taking pictures of my fish. :mrgreen:

I know what you mean, though. I love looking at the pictures of people's setups on this site. So hopefully more people will take advantage of this as a good time to buy a digicam. Thanks for posting this!

this had been on my mind for quite some time now, still no decision to buy one yet.
BTW ferret, how much does it cost you monthly, electric wise, to run all those tanks LOL

A good question. Before I arranged for a flat rate with the power company, during the summer I was hitting upwards to $230 in a 1200sq foot apartment. The majority of it was A/C I believe, we're on the 3rd story.

I also have 4 PCs running 24/7, as well as a lot of appliances :p

I use my husband's digicam that he has for work, but I have not figured out how to take clear close-up pics yet. I need to play with the features and actually read the book to learn what all of the icons mean (when in doubt...read the instructions!)

The pics I have are kinda blurry and I am not happy with them, and I can't get pics of actual fish with it, so I need one of my own.

Back
Top Bottom