Dinosoar bichir+ 8 cory catfish+ 30 gallon tank= trouble??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benjaminite22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have three gouramies and 8 cory cats, and I want to add a dinosoar bichir. My 30 gallon tank is filled with plants and caverns, but would the bichir still cause trouble???

He'll eat all your cories. They get big too. They're predators. Most likely take a chunk out of your gouramis as well.

We have had one for two years and not had no problems with him yet attacking the others

Don't do it they need a 55 gallon tank they get around 8-12 Inches and are predators they will eat fish that are small just don't do it.

Sounds like it's time for a second tank! Start a 55 or bigger (55s are easy to find used and relatively cheap) and build around your bichir in there. Now, if you are just after the long fish look, khuli loaches get along great with corydoras and are suited to your tank size.

Sounds like it's time for a second tank! Start a 55 or bigger (55s are easy to find used and relatively cheap) and build around your bichir in there. Now, if you are just after the long fish look, khuli loaches get along great with corydoras and are suited to your tank size.

Thanks! I'm thinking about getting several golden dojo loaches, and some Raphael cats.

Back
Top Bottom