Disaster Strikes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was doing a massive water change on my 37g as I had been busy recently so I was a little lax on my water changes. Anyway, I had like a couple more gallons to go so I thought I had time to empty my trash can from my bedroom (same room as the tank) into my garbage bin outside. Well I went quickly and as a reflex I locked the door on my way out. I came back to the door to realize I had left my keys and phone inside and was locked out! I went to my neighbor's house to borrow a phone to call a family member to bring me a key. They didn't answer the door so I went to my other neighbor and they didn't either. Luckily my mom just showed up. So the door opens and I run inside. Entire tank was drained with my guys just flopping around. I immediately started refilling the tank. So after the refill and the dust settled I'm down a total 6 fish. My four Cory cars survived (tough little buggers) and so did 12 neons out of 18. One I found dead and the others disappeared and I think they got sucked into the syphon. Sad times.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh wow that's awful. Thank goodness many actually survived. But yeh, pretty crappy day really :(

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear that. If I was in that situation would break my window.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry for your losses. I've learned the hard way never to leave a tank unattended when draining or filling.

No I am kinda done with this tank. I am planning to trade in all the stuff thats alive and put everything else up on craigslist. It is infested with BBA and MTS. Ideally I am gonna pick up a 56g I have been eyeing that Petsmart has on Black Friday. The plan is to try Discus.

Back
Top Bottom