Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattefect

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I'm new to the talk and wante to tell me a little bout myself and ask u guys a few questions. So first of all I have a 208l nano tank (jebo r3100) I'm loving my tank and have had it for about 2 months now. I recently got 4 discus about 6 days ago. They are still quite shy and was wondering if this was normal. Thanks . If anyone has any tips or advice on discus or any other fish please speak up. Thanks .

Discs need frequent water changes so 10% every day or 20% every other is quite effecient. They shouuld also she fed a high quiality diet, with live food and frozen foods and quality flake.

Welcome to AA. I hope your tank is cycled, especially with discus. Personally, I don't think daily water changes are required at all. As long as you have good clean water, with no ammonia/nitrites and low nitrates, they should be fine. I think the reason daily water changes are suggested is due to the large amount of food young discus are fed so that they will grow rapidly. Something like 50% a week is much more manageable.

What sort of filtration do you have, and what are your water parameters?

--Adeeb

Welcome to AA!

I will take a week or so for the new discus to get used to their environment. If they still are a little shy when you come up to the tank, You could try some hand-feeding to get their trust level up.

Like adeebm said, the young juvi discus are the ones that need the PWC everyday. The feeding makes it really messy and Supposedly younger discus are more sensitive to water quality.

Thanks guys I feed my discus tetra granulars and my ph is 7.0 I also feed em 3 times a day is that fine and 5o% water changes every week my filter is a jebo r119 hmax 0.90 flmax900l/h

they really do best in larger groups in normally a larger tank as well. properly still getting use to the tank.

They'll be shy for a few weeks until they learn you mean food. Make sure to feed them a variety of items and keep the water clean. I do 25% 2x a week

Guys I also wanted to know how I get this on the current wall in step form if that would be fine

Back
Top Bottom