Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all
I have been absent from the fish keeping world for a while and have 5 fish tanks that I would like to set up. To start wit I'm going to set up my 30 gal and was wondering if discus could fit into that? And if not I do have an alternative. My other stocking list is
10 rummy nose
6 emperor tetra
6 bronze corydoras
2 or 1 German rams or angels
What does everyone think of that stocking if I can't go discus

Also I'm going planted and was wondering if thin Val, swords, hair grass, banana lilies and liliopeases grass would fit into the medium light category

Thanks a bunch

I would say no to the discus. Even one would be cramped in there, and they can easy grow 6+ inches. The other list looks good, rams and tetras would be a nice combo :) Vals and swords should do okay in medium light. Don't know about the rest.

--Adeeb

Hey all
I have been absent from the fish keeping world for a while and have 5 fish tanks that I would like to set up. To start wit I'm going to set up my 30 gal and was wondering if discus could fit into that? And if not I do have an alternative. My other stocking list is
10 rummy nose
6 emperor tetra
6 bronze corydoras
2 or 1 German rams or angels
What does everyone think of that stocking if I can't go discus

Also I'm going planted and was wondering if thin Val, swords, hair grass, banana lilies and liliopeases grass would fit into the medium light category

Thanks a bunch
No to the discus. However you could use it as a grow-out tank for a small group for a bigger tank in the future and put two schools in :)
You stock list sounds okay without tetras and cichlids. IMO I would do the rams instead of the angels because there's less risk of running in aggression with the other fish. If you did choose an angel I would only do one, it gives you more fish to put in.

Back
Top Bottom