Discus has cloudy eyes need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judymayes

Aquarium Advice Regular
we recently acquired four discus and the person wasnt keeping the water clean like he should have and now the discus have a cloudiness over the eyes and are have taken on a dark color any advice would be appreciated we have them in a sick tank with a heater and have added aquarium salt
Judy

I read salt has little effect on discus best to bring your temp up to like 88 (slowly) and do extra water changes I wouldn't do really big ones maybe daily smaller changes like 25% or so if they don't eat don't feed them the food will only poison the water good luck I've had a couple get sick before and got them to pull through so there is hope!

Need Help with Discus with cloudy eyes

thank you for the advise sounds good and am glad you saved yours mine have gotten darker and not want to eat one passed away hope we can save the other two.
Judy

Cloudy eyes is normally a symptom of PH variation, were they properly acclimatised to your tank or just added straight in?

Discus with cloudy eyes

We did acclimate maybe there was too mo much difference if the water what can we do at this point
Judy

Honestly I would just keep the heat up the water clean keep them as stress free as possible maybe pray a little and hope for the best. Keep us updated. Discus are hardier then people think but it's always the first couple of weeks that are sketchy. Out of curiosity what is your waters ph/ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels at?

Back
Top Bottom