Discus tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bully405Customz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Had to do some more changing. This is the tank now. The only inhabitants are 2 peacock eels, 1 featherfin catfish, and a dinosaur birchir. I have two German blue rams ordered and going to pick up more plants tomorrow. I hope to be able to get some Discus some time soon... Anybody have any advice on the discus and rams? If so please PM me.

You do know how big they get right? And I was going to get that mix but I heard they need different water quality and that discus do better in small schools. And I heard that they don't get along either. I'm not sure if this is the case but this is what I've read on here and other places. But ill let someone else answer you

seekinghealth said:
You do know how big they get right? And I was going to get that mix but I heard they need different water quality and that discus do better in small schools. And I heard that they don't get along either. I'm not sure if this is the case but this is what I've read on here and other places. But ill let someone else answer you

What doesn't get along??? Discus do fine in semi soft to nuetral water which I think will be fine for the fishes if he acclimates them slowly to it. Yes I did send him a PM and informed him they get as big as dinner plates :)

That's what I wasn't sure of. I has someone else help me decide if I should get them and they said they didn't get along. But I wasn't for sure. Haha I'm glad you came to the rescue! But I don't think a 55 Gal would be big enough for all of that. IMO. But that's just me. I tend to give fish a lot of room

seekinghealth said:
That's what I wasn't sure of. I has someone else help me decide if I should get them and they said they didn't get along. But I wasn't for sure. Haha I'm glad you came to the rescue! But I don't think a 55 Gal would be big enough for all of that. IMO. But that's just me. I tend to give fish a lot of room

I agree, but if he has good filtration it should be good. Discus only don't get along when you keep less than five, usually one is below the pecking order an wastes away.

I agree. I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just trying to get out every point of view. I just wouldn't want five or more discus in a 55 Gal with the other ones in there. But that's only me. I know a lot of people would probably disagree. But right now I have only six tiger barbs in a 32. Haha I just like a lot of room.

Well as much as I want the discus I think I'm gonna get something else. I want my fish as happy possible and with my lack of space will inhibit that. It's sad but I'll just have to get something that goes good with the rams

Back
Top Bottom