Dissapearing Endlers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfool58

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10gal planted tank, with 7 Endlers Livebearers in it, over the past week.. 1 disappeared, & then another disappeared a few days after the first one.. My water parameters are fine.. I do weekly water changes, & dose correct ammount of API leaf zone every Wednesday after water change.. Anyone know what is happening?

bud29 said:
Is there any chance they are jumping out of the tank? It seems odd that they just disappear like that.

Maybe that would explain why I can't find the bodies in the tank.. I'll have to look when I get home.. But the opening in the top is small..

What kind of filter do you have? I just recently had to dig a dead guppy out of an Aquaclear. I have no idea how the whole body got in there, only thing missing was a little tail. Then start looking under decor, then plants, it may be stuck there.

+1 to Oceangirl we lost a danio one night luckily he had just been lost. I went through the whole tank and found him swimming around in the aqua clear intake area. My water level was high and he just swam in I guess.

Also lost a glolight tetra and had no clue where it went because the openings were very small on our tank. I have no idea when/how it happened but I found him recently all crispy under the furniture my tank is on :(

Good Luck.

I read that fish are the only animals able to hide their bodies when they die.

I meant that before they die they go some where so no one finds their body.

So looked around my tanks, didn't see either of the 2, so I took it they carried on.. Then this morning I saw 6 at the top to greet me waiting to be fed, don't know where the 6th one came from there.. But I was happy..

Back
Top Bottom