Dividing a 10 gallon tank for Bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtrekker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Betta Ina 10 gallon tank right now but I really really want to get another. I just love Bettas. I'm not sure I have room for another tank so I was wondering if I could get a tank divider and divide my 10 gallon.

First of all, Is that a good idea? I'm just worried that my filter will cause too strong of a current in one half of the tank..

second, Is there some way I can keep my filter from causing too strong of a current. I don't think it is sucking too strongly. It's the water coming out of the filter I'm worried about.

Still not too sure if I'm going to do it or not but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks! :)

You could get a piece of acrylic and cut it to fit, then drill lots and lots of holes in it and place it in the tank and place the outflow of the filter above the divide and allow it to spread between the two sides. I saw this done in my neighbors DIY tank

You could get a piece of acrylic and cut it to fit, then drill lots and lots of holes in it and place it in the tank and place the outflow of the filter above the divide and allow it to spread between the two sides. I saw this done in my neighbors DIY tank

There are several cut-to-fit dividers that you could do that with, sure would save a bunch of hassle :)

Possibly. Dividers run pretty cheap, though, so IMHO the money saved really isn't justifiable with the work put into it. But to each their own :) I know lots of people like to do DIY stuff like that.

Yeah, I intended to buy one, but thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom