DIY 3D Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alyxandria

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I've started making a 3D background for my 10 gallon as a test. I'm at the point where I'm to use cement to coat it. Thin layer, thick layer, thin layer. Now, I know the concrete raises pH so you fill drain fill drain etc., so my question is once you get the pH down will it stay down?

If this works well and the pH stabilizes I plan on doing this with my other 9 tanks.

Thanks. Will post pictures as I progress if any of you are interested. I'll take some in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Anyone have experience with this?

I have made one a long time ago but never finished the final coating. Sorry I am unable to help with your questions.

I have made one a long time ago but never finished the final coating. Sorry I am unable to help with your questions.

That's ok thanks for responding :)

This was my original layout. I moved some of them around.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412063979.828378.jpg

This is after the first layer of concrete. I am going to start adding a concrete tint after the next layer.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412064060.903422.jpg

I am also going to be siliconing in some green plants against the grey faux rock background. Just the bases though so I will still be able to pull them off and clean them.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412064138.279030.jpg

Any suggestions are appreciated!!!!

This is looking so good

Back
Top Bottom