DIY 3D Background project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedy51

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone. I need advise. I recently changed my substrate from gravel to sand. I made a big mistake and used playsand. Learned my lesson fast with this one, so I change it to PFS looks great. Heres my problem, now that I have sand my large fish (true parrot ciclid 8" and some of my other cichlids 4+") are moving sand around and causing craters in the tank. No problem except that I have some very large slate stacked on two side of my tank to provide caves. I am concerned that they will dig enough out and the slate will topel over and crack or break the tank.

Truth is I've never been happy with the decorations in the tank but this digging is a real concern so I've decided to redo the tank again. I am keeping the sand because it is easier to clean and I love the way it looks. I've read a lot on styrofoam and drylok so I think that's the way I am going to go. I've seen a really cool design on another site which I plan on doing something very similar.

Any advice on Styrofoam and drylok is welcomed. I plan on starting this weekend. Don't know when I will finish but I will update as I go along.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom