DIY 3d rock background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimmysparks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok i have an established tank i am going to decorate. I plan to use foam board to make a rock wall across the back of my aquarium coat it with cement and silicone it to the back.

I have been watching you tube videos on how to do it but the question i have is regarding the cement. I have seen where they say to fill and drain the aquarium like 8 times to wash the cement so it doesnt jack up the pH but thats a lot of water for my 75 gallon tank not to mention all the bucket lifting. Do you think i could fill a container of water and soak it overnight then put it in my tank and be safe?

From what I understand of cement...its going to raise your ph a little anyway. I think most of it is going to be making sure that you have cleaned it well enough. Otherwise is it a possibility to take the tank outside for a half day? Hose fill and drain a couple times? Good luck and make sure you share photos when you are done.

Back
Top Bottom