do ALL aquariums experience the bacteria bloom/cloudy water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_Boy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was wondering..

my tank has been up for a week...and it hasn't gone cloudy yet.

is this bad?? do ALL aquariums HAVE TO have a bacteria bloom???

my ammonia is 2.0ppm.
nitrite 0
nitrate 0

also.
i have 2 aquaclear 'mini's on my 10 gallon
so there is lots of filtration and lots of bubbles and lots of splashing

I have had more tanks that never had a bacterial bloom than ones that did, so, no I guess they don't "have" to, but the bloom would probably occur later in the cycle than one week anyway, so you may still have one. If it does go cloudy you'll know what it is. Good luck with your cycle-

When I cycled my tank, my bacteria bloom started at about the 2 week mark. That's also when the ammonia went through the roof. Good luck with the cycle...

I have cycled over 4 tanks and experienced a bloom in all of them. The white cloud is just an indicator that your bacteria are present and working to convert it.

1 week is still to early yet, but I would say you should experience it in another week or so.

I've set up quite a few tanks and never gotten a bacterial bloom, not even when I fishless cycle. Maybe it's because I use bio wheels or plenty of bio friendly media to catch all the bacteria.

I have 4 aquariums from 5-30 gal and I didn't have a bacteria bloom in all but one.

Back
Top Bottom