Do clown loaches enjoy a current?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NorCalAl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking forward to my first addition to the tank since the gouramis and I was wondering...since much of the center of my tank has a pretty decent current and it circulates under and through my driftwood 'tunnel', would they need a separate place to group where no current is moving? The ends of the tanks (it's a modified rectangular hexagon) have a much slower flow, so should I plan on a hideout for them on one of the ends?

My loaches like to find places where the current is less. They do play in the current but take time outs it seems when they get tired.

ya, same exactly with the ones i had a couple years ago. i had them w/a tiger barb school, and they thought they were supposed to be part of it lol. Easy mistake tho i guess with those colors.

My yoyo's and striped loaches loved the bubble wand when I had one in the tank. But when tired, they found their holes in the driftwood. :)

my clowns loved swimming against the current when they were smaller then as they got bigger they would hide more but they all got ick and died. one of my yoyos would swim around and around against the front of the tank literally all night when i first got it.

Back
Top Bottom