Do corydoras hide food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SassyHippo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got these little guys a few days ago. There are also guppies in the tank. The guppies have ignored the flakes I fed them and go after the sinking food meant for the corycats. Today I dropped a few extra pellets and just left the flakes out. I came back just a couple minutes later and all the food was gone except a couple that didn’t sink. I looked closer and all the corys were huddled around a plant that had a bit of a hole dug out and all their food was down in it. This is hilarious, but I’m not finding anyone else saying they’ve seen the same thing happen. I’m not entirely sure if they worked together and got the food there or if it just happened somehow.

I don't think they deliberately hide it, but I do have to be careful where I drop my discs because as they eat it, it gets moved around. I tend to drop in a corner nowadays so it usually winds up shoved against the glass and doesn't wind up under a plant or a piece of driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom