Do Fish Grieve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmpgop

Aquarium Advice Freak
On November 3rd, I lost my Pearl Gourami. Now my Angel Fish is dying. I had them since July of 2011. I got her and my Angel Fish at the same time from the same place that was going out of business. Though I will admit that they were both full grown when I got them, I had hoped to get more than a year and a half out of them.

I also know that most Gourami's and most Angels don't get along with each other, but these two were inseparable. They swam together, and hung out together and seemed to protect each other if anyone else got too big for their britches.... They were together ALL the time. Never any aggression between the two.

So I guess I'd like to know; do y'all think my Angel misses the Gourami? Or is it just coincidence that it is dying too?

{Sigh...} These two were both my favorite fish - probably because they were the first two I purchased after inheriting another tank from a family member.

:fish1:

(((((((............And just so that everyone knows, they are in a well-established 72 gallon tank (Fully cycled in December 2011 with an FX5), parameters are always perfect - I test monthly and change the water every two weeks - 10-25% using Prime... No changes, no other deaths, and no new fish since July of 2012 (y) )))))))

Any thoughts or similar experiences.

~Janelle

Back
Top Bottom