Do I need an air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I called the LFS and they said they'd let me exchange my fish for different ones. Let's just hope my fish make it until I can get there.

This time I'll do my own research first.

ANother reason for the shark to be at the surface is lack of oxygen or high ammonia levels.

The shark just jumped out and tried to commit suicide. :( It took me about four minutes to find it. It scooted itself under my bedside table. I managed to get it back in the tank, and it seems to be doing okay now.

My fish hate me.

I hate the pet store. :evil:

Well since the LFS will let you return the fish you could exchange them for a betta for the 5gal.

Or see if they will let you exchange the tank and fish for a bigger tank.
Take it home, set it up, let it cycle and get the fish you want.
Good Luck.
HTH

Pennylane...

What happened with your fish situation? How did it all play out? Did you return them? Upgrade your tank?

Very curious here...

I am curious too, but her last visit to the site was Tue May 04, 2004 1:08 am, so we probably will not get an answer :(

if you are exchanging , try getting a betta for your 5 gallon. he should be more than happy in a 5 gallon. I have a 3 gallon with a betta and a ghost shrimp and *touch wood* both are very happy.

ALSO DON'T BE DISCOURAGED!!!!everybody makes beginner's mistakes, but you are at the right place. this forum is full of greatly helpful and very knowledgeble people.

I have tried to stuff my 3 gallon with 2 swordfish , 2 platys and 1 serpae tetra before (all of course with out a heater) and I lost all of them.
I tried again later on and again lost all my fish , then I found this website , did fishless cycling and then my fish are very happy now.

From your replies, it seems you already have the passion for the hobby but were just given bad advice, but as I said don't get discouraged, do your research and you will have happy fish too :)

Back
Top Bottom