Do I need an air pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maz71

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 34 litre fluval flex and I’m at the stage where the tank has cycled and I’m gradually putting in fish. One fish I like is a hillstream loach as they will not get too big and they are very pretty. However reading up on their necessary habitat they need oxygenated water so will need an air pump. Is this the case if anyone keeps them. Trying not to spend even more money even though it’s a great hobby! Any recommendations for other bottom feeders, I have shrimps and 2 rabbit snails and 6 minnows at present. Want to put in a couple of the hillstream loaches and finally a betta at the end.

Hello Maz...

Your tank filter should be adding oxygen to the tank water already. Most tank filters will move the surface of the water and this mixes oxygen into the water. If you're a very good water changer and remove and replace most of the tank water every three or four days, this will also maintain a good oxygen level for your fish.

B

Back
Top Bottom