Do I own one of the rare peaceful bettas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it looks like I jinxed myself. I witnessed him hunting through my Christmas moss for shrimp, flaring and chasing my neons, and even getting big on my 4 inch swordtail. Back to the bowl until I can figure out what to do. Which will be soon. I hate people who keep bettas in bowls and I feel guilty for putting him back in there.

No jinxing just a Beta doing what Bettas do lol!

Wally World and the big box stores have deals and sales on little 1-2 gal set ups, also there are the deals on C....slist probably $25. total for a little 1-5 gal.

The bowl is better than a cup, and I am sure it is going to be a temporary measure.

I kept some Bettas appx. 10 of them with bog plants in the 1.5 & 2 gal vases and the water quality was always excellent and crystal clear, plus did pwc and fed them, they were in the kitchen and kept warm. They would always come over to see what was going on and lived for 3-5 years. Never had tail rot or bloat or other sicknesses. This was years ago btw.

The Arrowhead (house) plants were awesome for the water and they were huge and beautiful.

So...there are worst things for your Betta than a temporary vase. Like someone who doesn't care! Make sure lots of frequent pwc. Easy on the feeding. If you have some plants in there that would be better too for the fish to relax on and for water quality.

No jinxing just a Beta doing what Bettas do lol!

Wally World and the big box stores have deals and sales on little 1-2 gal set ups, also there are the deals on C....slist probably $25. total for a little 1-5 gal.

The bowl is better than a cup, and I am sure it is going to be a temporary measure.

I kept some Bettas appx. 10 of them with bog plants in the 1.5 & 2 gal vases and the water quality was always excellent and crystal clear, plus did pwc and fed them, they were in the kitchen and kept warm. They would always come over to see what was going on and lived for 3-5 years. Never had tail rot or bloat or other sicknesses. This was years ago btw.

The Arrowhead (house) plants were awesome for the water and they were huge and beautiful.

So...there are worst things for your Betta than a temporary vase. Like someone who doesn't care! Make sure lots of frequent pwc. Easy on the feeding. If you have some plants in there that would be better too for the fish to relax on and for water quality.

I'll likely just end up setting up my aqueon 8 for him. I'll plant it and make the best out of a bad situation.

I have a 5.5g with a Betta, 5 ghost shrimp, and a Zebra Nerite. When I put the Nerite in he swam up to it to check it out but has never done anything to it. Same thing with the shrimp. He doesn't care one bit that they are in there with him. The shrimp don't let him get too close either way though.

He'll be happy in the smaller tank as well. I just love seeing them be able to swim all over a tank. I know they can be healthy in a bowl. But they become so active in a tank imo it's a better life for most.

That sounds like a good idea. It is a shame about not being able to be a community guy. I am looking at a Petco bookshelf aquarium to put two in a divided tank (6G).

The Nerite have such hard shells, the Betta shouldn't bother it, although it is possible. Horned Nerite would be good! lol

Mine are now in bigger spaces too and a 1 gal is really too small, although it is alot better than a bowl.

Back
Top Bottom