Do these fish look normal to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Since one fish died for unknown reasons and one got a tumor and died I have been paranoid, do the rest of these fish in the pictures look normal?

wUQ37gK.jpg

Thanks.

They look ok to me (assuming fins have always had that little white tip to them).

They seem to be schooling well, fins up and bellies not caving in. Can't see any growths.

Did you check water chemistry?

Yes everything is fine in the water but the PH is a little high 7.6-7.8 but it has always been that high.

The white tips were one of the things I was actually concerned about but I thought maybe I just didn't notice it before for some reason and I have been examining the tank closer since I had the problem with the one fish...those white fins lasted about 48 hours and have now been back to what I think is normal since so I don't know what that could be?

I've found it helpful t take pictures of my fish when I get them so I can compare them later if I think my fish is sick. Just a tip :)

Look good to me too

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

Sometimes my cardinal tetras are bright red with deep blue, or sometimes dark red with a turquoise-green blue. Mostly they are a sky blue an a dark, yet bright red with white fin tips. Maybe lowlights communicate with colors too?

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Thanks for the help everyone. The fish have all been fine and the frog and snails too. The color on the fins comes and goes but everyone still seems healthy and the zebra and whatever the one in the bottom left of the last picture type of fish is, don't get the color... Maybe it has something to do with the plants and the way the light goes through them that I never noticed before because I didn't have a floating plant in there before. But I think yeah maybe it is the mood because it seems to happen most often after I feed them but not everytime.

The one on the bottom left, last pic is a harlequin rasbora. (Or possibly an espei? I have trouble telling them apart). I hear they're really great fish. They like soft water, and I have water that is 7.6 PH and I don't know how they'd fare with that, otherwise I'd have a school of them. You'd don't have just one, do you? They are not happy unless in schools.

The one on the bottom left, last pic is a harlequin rasbora. (Or possibly an espei? I have trouble telling them apart). I hear they're really great fish. They like soft water, and I have water that is 7.6 PH and I don't know how they'd fare with that, otherwise I'd have a school of them. You'd don't have just one, do you? They are not happy unless in schools.

Hi, my water is between 7.6 and 7.8 PH. I bought 3 of those initially two years ago a few months after I started my tank and 2 of them died, this was when I didn't know about cycling and took all of my advice from PetSmart. So he has been there ever since but he does school around with the tetras like it's his own kind. I am moving my 10 gallon to a 20 long that I have and I am cyling a 50 gallon right now that is almost done. The move to the 20 long would have been done already 2 weeks ago if it wasn't for the issues I had with the algae eater and the sick zebra danio, I wanted to make sure everything was good with the rest of them first.

So now that I believe everything is good I will move them over this week to the 20 long and get him 4 friends or so, the problem is he is much bigger than the ones at the store so I don't know if that will be an issue?

Anyways the PH has always been high in my tank because my water is and he has been around and seemed okay for 2 years now except for my worries because of what happened to the zebra and algae eater.

Cool! So looks like they might be okay in the higher PH after all. People here keep saying that, and it seems to be true. Just as long as the parameters are kept good, fish seem to be able to adjust to a higher PH. That's so neat that he schools with the tetras. I don't feel as sorry for him anymore. All the fish will love the 20 long. I personally don't think putting smaller/younger buddies in with him will make any difference. They are very peaceful fish. I wouldn't hesitate to do it. He'll probably be so happy to see them that he'll welcome them with open fins. I'd watch for a while though, just to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom