Do these fish produce a lot of ammonia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do these fish produce a lot of ammonia?
4 upside down catfish
4 Cory catfish
2african dwarf frogs
2 otocinclus
3 glo tetras

What size is your tank? What's your water change schedule? What's your filtration? Do you have live plants?

20 gallon long, change 40% of water weekly, aqueon 30 whisper, and I do have about 5 stems of anacharis, one amazon sword plant, and two anubius, also they will be with 8 neon tetras, but I'm not putting the frogs in, everithing else yes

I would say you are very overstocked. Upside down cats can can grow quick large, about 5 inches. You should try to find a new home

Sorry, sent the reply before I was done...

You should find a new home for at least 3 of those catfish. Then you could add a couple other small fish.

Yeah the upside down catfish need a lot of space too. Although they are rarely to be seen during the day, at night time my 6ft tank is a hive of activity with the upside downs, feather fins and sailfin all swarming the tank. If I turn a light on the sailfin and U/D catfish vanish to their respective caves etc, but the feather fins just freeze. They have a way of seeming to be invisible even when in plain sight. Lol
For their bio load, you're not going to get value out of them in a 20g. Better to have something that swims in the open that you can watch and enjoy all day.

Back
Top Bottom