Do theses fish go together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to get some silver rocket gar, bgkf, and rope fish, also maybe zebra plecos. Will the others eat the plecos?

Too small for a gar. You could get a Bgk fish by itself or with a larger pleco, or do a zebra pleco with the rope fish. Might be kinda risky with the zebra pleco, those aren't cheap. Good luck!

So I upgraded so I could have some large fish and what your telling me is to put 2 fish in a 110?

If you can find/afford a zebra pleco, I'm jealous!!! A tank with just zebra danios and a pair of zebra plecos would be cool.

The fish you are wanting get fairly large and require a lot of room. So in short, yes you could have very few fish of that size. If you want a lot of fish, look into tetras in which case you could do closer to 100 at least. These would quickly become snacks for a larger fish though.

Well is there a smaller gar? From the info I found on the net it said over 90 gallons

There are some exotic and cool species of tetras like exodon. But if your looking for other ideas then you could try an oscar or 2. Depending on where you live, you could also do a school of piranha. I'm not sure if there is a small enough gar. Someone else would have to chime in.

If your getting a small BGK (3-5 inches) you could also put a ropefish with it

Back
Top Bottom