Do they like the sound of rain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fancytail

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi eveyrone!

I was wondering if fish are bothered by water agitation. I'm currently housing a lone angelfish, and I was wondering if they are bothered by water agitation. Tropical aquariums are somewhat warm, and I was told that tropical fish can tolerate warmer waters is because there is a lot of surface agitation. I adjusted my filters in a way to fluctuate the water, but does this keep the fish up? How about water currents in the aquarium? My filters are pretty strong, so they are creating a jet line stream of water in the output.

I don't think fish are bothered by water agitation, that's what help oxygenate the water. Certain species like angels can be sensitive to too much water movement (current) - sort of blowing them around. Its a case-by-case senario; you just need to watch your fish and respond accordingly.

How big is the tank? Your fish should be fine

I have a 100 gallon full of plants! See? That's my dilemma! I have plants too and some other fish that can withstand strong water currents as well as benefit from it. I heard angelfish like peaceful water.

A picture of the tank (the filtration outputs) might help. In a 100G the fish should be able to find a quiet spot in the tank if need be.

I'm interested in an answer to this too. I picked up 3 small Angels for my tank (going through a stock change at the moment).

I've slowed my filter outflow using some old filter media because I thought the current was too fast for them.

Here you go! The outputs are on the right and left sides. I put them underneath the plants for water circulation! Would totally love some suggestions -

loneangel.jpg

That setup looks great. The angel has space to swim if the current is too much, which it doesn't look like it is

Back
Top Bottom