Do you go fishing for sport?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you go fishing as a sport?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't, but my fiance likes to go steelheading and fly fishing. For the most part, he practices catch and release--I don't eat fish, so it would be wasteful to bring the fish home :evil:

i go fishing any chance i get. for the most part, i practice catch and release, but i will keep one or two for dinner sometimes. the ones that go back get their picture taken, and after losing a couple cameras, i've learned disposable cameras are the way to go for me :mrgreen:

I haven't gone fishing in quite some time but when I do I wouldn't call it sport... more of a hobby or past time... like playing checkers, playing cards, building a model anything, etc... I think there is a huge difference between what I do and what "pros" do... I think competition is fun when it comes to certain things but something like fishing... that's something I could do by myself... doesn't matter what kind of gear, weather, company etc... It's just so relaxing to let go of the rest of the world and join with the rest of nature... ahhhh... I can see myself there right now...

I'm usually catch & release though I love fresh fish for dinner. My catch & release is especially gentle on the fish since they are usually released before I get them to the boat. :cry:

I fish.

THe only time I practice catch and release is when I'm over the limit [ In either ammount of fish or size of caught fish ] or when the fish is inedible.

Other than that, It comes home to be scaled and fillet'd. From there its Grilled, Pan fried, Microwaved, broiled, baked..

So many ways to make it so good. 8)

I did it once, catch and release; refuse to kill it! (BUT I don't fish as a sport . . . uhh, apparantly . . . !)
although I would generally say that I'm against fishing, I have to say that fishers - as well as hunters - are actually among those who advocate the most for saving the environment. As such, I can't loathe or detest or abhor or hate them; in fact, I'm obliged to say there's actually some gratitude on my part!
And the one time I DID fish - I had fun. It's just the act of killing it and eating it that gets to me. Like I would guess the fundamentals of hunting - stalking your prey without getting noticed or without scaring it - would be fun, but then the killing part is the bad part.

I usually go with friends on the weekends. When I'm with them, its 100% catch and release...with my brother, if it's big enough, we'll bring it home and cook it, but I generally won't eat any, I don't much like the taste of fish, only a couple.

I go on a fishing trip to the chesapeke bay with my friends family every summer, and we usually catch alot, so yeah, I love fishing

Except when the fish swallows the hook, then things get bad...

I never understood catch and release, other than what I mentioned above. Illegal or endangered fish.

I don't understand hwo someone can go through all that hassle and not take what they catch back for dinner.

Hassle? "A bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office." I've sat on a lake for 12 hours and never caught a thing... still a damn good day.

kane65 said:
Hassle? "A bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office." I've sat on a lake for 12 hours and never caught a thing... still a darn good day.

Not me.

If I don't get a bite after a few hours I go in after them. :twisted:

i go fishing every chance i get. 100% catch and release here as well. i dont like to prepare fish to eat.

Don't catch it, unless I am going to eat it...

Too much chance of fatally injuring the animal in catch and release fishing.
Very few I've seen "put back" actually had zero damage. Specially fighting fish.
The opportunistic parasites will get the animal if the bloody wound doesn't make it a target... >~sniff!~ poor fishy<
After working at a trout farm and skimming the bodies of "catch and release" fish out. I never did it again.

With hunting the camera can do all the catching. I will do that.

I flyfish as much as possible, trout, bass, striped bass you name it I will try to catch it. I don't get to go as often as I'd like but always relaxing when I do go. I almost exclusively practice catch and release with barbless hooks, I think C&R is very effective when done properly, plus here in PA if there were not C&R fishermen then chances are there wouldn't be any fish.

William, when I catch a fish or crab thats below the min size limit it goes back. If I catch a fish thats out of season it also goes back. As far as being a hassel, what the hassel in being on the ocean on a warm sunny day? I love it! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom