Does anyone change their aquascape for the seasons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought an extra large purple plant and a large blue plant for a winter aquascape.

This was summer:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409186342.167222.jpg
This is for fall:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409186383.597280.jpg
For winter:
The blue plant will replace the green on the left and the purple will replace the yellow on the right and a white annemonie will replace the pink annemonie. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409186810.257195.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409186817.800726.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409186867.446936.jpg

Does anyone redecorate for the seasons or for the holidays? ( Christmas? Halloween?)

Please post some pics. I'd love to get some holiday ideas

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

We can make trees out of spoons and silicone hot glue if we sand at the spot where we break off the handle.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409190968.243725.jpg

I love this tank, but there is no way fish could go into it. Those are metal mini trees. But, it's good for ideas, if anyone has white sand. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409191084.074954.jpg

I get almost all my plants from Amazon.

The extra large are Vibran-Sea and I use air hose suction cups on some of the branches to keep them up b/c they are floppy, as the reviews at Amazon state.

The annemonie/ corals are Vitality. They smell funny but I treat them with super hot running water, then add some just boiled water, let them cool and put them in the frig for 1-2 days. Then, repeat. The smell never completely goes away, but it's not bad after treatment advised by manufacturer. They are silicone and safe.

The large plants are either Hagen Marina Naturals or Vibran-Sea.

B4 I put anything new in the tank, I spray it with the kitchen hose and dip it in just boiled but slightly cooled water. Keep it upside down, held by big tongs until cooled. Then, I blot it dry with a paper towel.

When removing & storing the faux, I dip them in just boiled water, then blast them with the kitchen sink hose. Then dry them upside down. When totally dry (a week) I bag them for later use.

Having extra faux is great b/c when you get algae. You just remove, & replace. Then, clean the algae ones when time permits.

I think the fish like it when they get a few new plants. They explore and find new hiding spots.

The real plants are either hygro or java fern.

That's a really cool idea! I usually stick to live plants (with the exception of my GloFish tank), but if I have another tank in the future that's got more fake plants I may try this :) I'd try it on my GloFish tank if it weren't for the fact that I don't think it fits my "alien world/mad science experiment" theme and wouldn't show up as well in the actinic lighting I use.

Okay, I like the idea... I may have to get me some of those! Lol, maybe I can have a tank for the seasons as well! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom