Does anyone know about Rainbow fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aridiar

Aquarium Advice Regular
West Virginia or New York, depends if school is in
More specifically Threadfin Rainbow Fish and "Blue Eyes" (Pseudomugil
furcatus).
Aquarium Fish magazine did an article featuring rainbow fish and didn't go into any real detail on the water parameters for them. Got interested in these guys because of the pics and because it says that they are small fish (under 2"), If my tank fits the conditions I might want to add a few small fish to my tank b/c my mollies are looking lonely since the fry are all gone and from the pics I would like these.

I'm gonna do some websearches to find info on them as well, but if anyone has some personal experience that would be great. Any suggestions for other small fish are welcome too, tho I don't really want any tetras.

If you are talking about the same thing, a lot of people on here have rainbow fish. It is quickly becoming everyones favorite fish. Try using the search function at the top to look for it. Or wait until a more popular time (aka not the middle of the night on a weekday :wink: ) and you will get some responses.

Sorry I can't give you any better info. heh

-brent

I can't sleep either as my girlfriend is out of town for the night. Haha. And 2 weeks from now she'll be gone for 3 months. Aye, I don't know what ill do. I can't be awake for 3 weeks. 8O

-brent

I have 10 rainbows and two clown loaches in the same tank and they don't have any nipping problems whatsoever. You should be fine.

Hey Aridiar, you should come to the June Greater City Aquarium Society meeting with Allivymar, BrianNY, QToffer and me. We have a real blast there. The society really rocks, the ppl are a blast, and the fish sell for really cheap!! The May meeting is in two days... can't wait...

Consider it! We're all members now, and we love finding new recruits.

Loaches are not generally aggressive towards other types of fish, and are seldom aggressive to even their own species. They occupy the gravel-rifling niche, and will leave Threadfins and Pseudomugils alone. I would worry about combining these rainbows with gouramis, bettas, angels and other cichlids, but I wouldn't worry about bottom feeders.

Yeh, I've got Praecox and Boesemani rainbowfish myself. These are very different types of rainbowfish, and get slightly larger. They are also less finny.

i've had a few loaches with threadfins, small loaches though. shouldn't be a problem. even my rams left the threadfins alone.

Thanks all of you :)

I might not even get them til August when I move back into the dorm with my tank, I'll probably need to mail order them anyway.

madasafish, that sounds fun :D I'll be getting in Manhattan around the 13th or so, depends on how Grayhound works with my doctors appointment next monday.

When you do get the threadfins--post pics! I had considered them for one of my tanks, but then went with something different (I can't recall what tank I was doing at the time--ahh! MTS is being to drive me nuts!).

Back
Top Bottom