does anyone know what fish this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjacks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found this picture online n if i remember right it was with a article on clown barbs but thats not what they look like right? I was told might b a cichilid..sry its not a great pic

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so i just went on google hit images and typed n clown barb that picture pulled up but i was told by 2 people that worked at petsmart n another small business that it was most definately not a clown barb so im confused...is it r isnt it a clown barb...i just know i want the fish to look similar to that one r i dont want them..the bright color is why i like it..

I think it is a barb, you can see its little mouth feelers, it looks like a super high def photo and its brought out all the colours

Clown Barb. Or at least I have seen fish listed as such that look the same. Definitely not a cichlid, definitely a barb.

Do u think the odds of me findin the fish with some of the same coloring..i know its not gonna b the exact same..but i want it to stand out..im considerin gettin boesemani rainbows,dwarf gouramis (a pair male/female),nanus cory cats, & glo fish ..

Well the lighting in that picture makes the fish look very colorful. The ones that I have seen have a body of pale-regular reddish brown with those black spots. No real blue or anything on them. If you want a colorful barb, I always loved Odessa Barbs. The males get crazy pretty.

Ok, I looked at the name on the photo, Dr. Tom Bailey, googled it and found he has a website where he sells fish and equipment. That photo is the one he uses for selling the clown barb.

Steelhawke said:
Ok, I looked at the name on the photo, Dr. Tom Bailey, googled it and found he has a website where he sells fish and equipment. That photo is the one he uses for selling the clown barb.

The plot thickens...I think we can accurately state that they look pretty similar. So for all intent and purposes, you could go with either a Clown or Panda Barb if you wanted something that looks like your photo. Don't expect that kind of coloration though. And remember, before buying you always need to do research! Panda and Clown may have different requirements.

Also, Tom Bailey states that in the photo, the fish is showing his mating colors, hence the white spots above the mouth, so the fish will not have this coloring all the time.

Yea i had read that but i thought even though it was showin off for breedin that the color would b the same just not as ...im not sure what word to use ..bright,enhanced ,eye catchin,loud,flashy...but the same mayb just lackluster or dull..idk

Folks, we received a copyright infringement notice from the owner of the photo that was posted. I removed the link to the photo from the original post.

Please check our Terms of Service
infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;

If you are going to re-post anything you find on the Internet, in a magazine, book, etc. please be sure to obtain permission of the copyright owner before posting it.

cmor1701d
Aquarium Advice site administrator

Back
Top Bottom