Does anyone know what these are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cupcake76

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ForumRunner_20130404_004020.jpg

I thought these things could be dead baby snails? Anyway, I did have snails in here, currently I have a pleco, a kisser, a gold gourami, 2 corys, and some rainbows. The white things seem to be only on the driftwood.

They look like snails. If they dont move and you have not had snails for a long time, there prob dead eggs. What kind of snails did you have

There is currently one nitrite snail in there. I did have Apple snails.

Appear to be eggs..are they moving? Snails can come from anything from plants or fish, and could be in the bag when you got them..or on plant and then hatched in your tank. Just an idea.

Oh cool! It looks like one may have hatched now that I look closer. I'm used to the snail eggs that are in clusters at the top of the tank. Thanks everyone! :)

They are nerite snail eggs as said above. They need brackish water to hatch though so you'll likely never get babies from them. So, you continue to let your snail 'decorate' your wood or you scratch them off. Up to you!

Back
Top Bottom