Does Anyone Travel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fry Baby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone travel; taking long haul or long break holidays away from their aquariums? If so....how?!

I would be comfortable going 3 weeks without a water change as long as its not a regular thing. Get someone to come over to feed them. Reduce feedings to minimise waste. I know there are aquarium maintenance services in our area if it needed to be for longer.

I usually have a friend feed if Im gone for a week or so. I work so I cant really do more then a week at a time anyway. A waterchange before leaving and topping off the tank has worked fine for me.

For my non-fishy friends who come to do the feeding I leave each day's food allotment in a snack-size ziplock with the day/date on it. I write out a few general instructions too - please remember to close the lid fully afterwards, check the temperature and if it's radically different please let me know, etc.

For my non-fishy friends who come to do the feeding I leave each day's food allotment in a snack-size ziplock with the day/date on it. I write out a few general instructions too - please remember to close the lid fully afterwards, check the temperature and if it's radically different please let me know, etc.
Oh that is brilliant. Never thought to portion out food!

Now THAT is brilliant. Pill organizers, neat and clear.

Back
Top Bottom