Does dechlorinator ever go bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Endgame319

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was considering buying one of those big jugs of dechlorinator to save some cash. Will it ever spoil? And what do you guys think about the aquaplus brand?

I have the largest bottle, without it being a jug. I like it. I don't know that it will ever go bad. Do you think you would use it up in three years, or so?

I am leery of a dechlor that claims to have a "sedating effect" on the fish - but I have never tried Aqua plus. I like to keep it simple and skip the ones that have aloe and slime coat stimulating additives. I find that over time they gunk up my filter and create a minor scum on the surface.

Kordon's Amquel. I also use el-cheapo Wardley's dechlor for my small tanks, which I can use drops per gallon (not too fun for the big tanks).

I'm with TankGirl.

I only use Amquel Plus, I stay away from AquaPlus. I just don't like it for some reason, bought a bottle of it once and I just didn't like it. Can't put my finger on it, tho.

The only other dechlor I trust other than Amquel Plus, is Tetra's Dechlorinator.

Back
Top Bottom