Does feeding daphnia with yeast from inside a DIY CO2 system work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am going to start growing daphnia and I had planned on feeding them yeast, but I was wondering if I could possibly use the yeast from my DIY CO2 to feed them.
The intent is to be as effective with my yeast as possible. Once the yeast stop producing CO2 at my desired rate, would pouring some of the yeast into my daphnia culture be okay?

I realize that there might be some problems with that:
1. The yeast will likely be dying or dead. So the daphnia probably wouldn't get too much out of it.
2. The alcohol that the yeast produce could have a negative effect on the daphnia

Now I have no idea how daphnia reacts to alcohol. I can imagine many of them getting drunk and swimming in jerky motions, but I don't actually want to kill them. I am seeing if I can reuse any of my yeast to be efficient. Also the drunk daphnia thing was a joke.

Anyways, I have no idea how many people have knowledge about this. I might test this with a group of them to see if it works later. If so, I'll post all my findings.

Back
Top Bottom