Doing My Research

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CodyL

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I went to the LPS today and I walked in and got this:
The Simple Guide To Freshwater Aquariums at PETCO

I'm going to read the whole thing before I begin to challenge myself with live plants and more challenging things. It's a very good book so far and now everything is starting to become a little more clearer, lol. Oh, and this is off topic but when I walked into the LPS there was a little 3.5 ft. high fence with a big pig, a little cute white bunny and a puppy dog! IT WAS SO CUTE!!! THEY ALL GOT ALONG SO WELL! Things like that should make humans learn not to discriminate because of differences. :)

CodyL said:
So I went to the LPS today and I walked in and got this:
The Simple Guide To Freshwater Aquariums at PETCO

I'm going to read the whole thing before I begin to challenge myself with live plants and more challenging things. It's a very good book so far and now everything is starting to become a little more clearer, lol. Oh, and this is off topic but when I walked into the LPS there was a little 3.5 ft. high fence with a big pig, a little cute white bunny and a puppy dog! IT WAS SO CUTE!!! THEY ALL GOT ALONG SO WELL! Things like that should make humans learn not to discriminate because of differences. :)

Word of the wise, look for Eco's fish less cycling guide. Very helpful and in vernacular. Eco and home dog are our little experts on that. Shoutout to them. It doesn't look like the book will cover that.

a big pig, a little cute white bunny and a puppy dog! IT WAS SO CUTE!!! THEY ALL GOT ALONG SO WELL!

And that's why for advice about fish, you're better off asking others from AA, the pet stores just sell things and are less likely to know much about the livestock they are dealing with. +1 MABJ, Homedog is red-hot on fishless cycle stuff.

Hey CodyL. Looks like a good book based off the reviews I read about it.

I'm curious, when he talks about cycling a tank, is he using a fishless cycle? Or does he use fish to cycle his tanks? Or does he mention both methods?

He does mention both ways actually. He does say though if your doing a cycle with fish in it, pick up some hardy species of fish. He does say though that he does not like to use his own valuable fish to cycle. He doesn't really go into much detail about fishless cycling though. He does talk about the different kind of levels and what they need to be before you can start putting fish in, thats about it.

CodyL said:
He does mention both ways actually. He does say though if your doing a cycle with fish in it, pick up some hardy species of fish. He does say though that he does not like to use his own valuable fish to cycle. He doesn't really go into much detail about fishless cycling though. He does talk about the different kind of levels and what they need to be before you can start putting fish in, thats about it.

I think almost all members here will agree that no matter how expensive a fish is, they are all living animals who deserve to be treated as well as we can. If you consider adding a new tank, I hope you will click on the link in my signature and learn about fishless cycling. We'll all be happy to help you with the process.

I will surely do that because you have been helping me a ton! You seem to know what your talking about. +1!

1+ for doing your research. But no book can teach you everything, so as other members have said, for things that the book doesn't cover - make sure to come here and ask the experts! Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom